Which are the keywords Indians are searching in Google ? If you want to know then, here is the latest Google Zeitgeist 2012 India data. It gives top ten keywords in different categories like Searches, Most searched people, Most Searched Movies, Most Searched Places, Most Searched News, Most Searched cities etc.
Tobacco use one of the major reasons for death in India.Hee are some facts about Tobacco use in India and its effect. According to Tobacco Altas brought out by World lung foundation 390,000 hectares of land is used to grow tobacco.
India was the world’s largest recipient of arms, accounting for 10 per cent of global arms imports. The four next largest recipients of arms in 2007–2011 were South Korea (6 per cent of arms transfers), Pakistan (5 per cent), China (5 per cent) and Singapore (4 per cent).
Asia and Oceania accounted for 44 per cent of global arms imports, followed by Europe (19 per cent), the Middle East (17 per cent), the Americas (11 per cent) and Africa (9 per cent).
‘Major Asian importing states are seeking to develop their own arms industries and decrease their reliance on external sources of supply,’ said Pieter Wezeman, senior researcher with the SIPRI Arms Transfers Programme. ‘A large share of arms deliveries is due to licensed production.’
Press release from Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPR
Do you know more people are killed by snake bites than cholera and dengue in India? These are some of the disturbing facts brought out by the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene conference.
These are some of facts from the conference
India has many nuclear power plants across India. Here is list of all the nuclear power plants, capacity and other details.
[table id=4 /]
According a latest report of WHO/UNICEF Indians use open place for defecation, the highest in the world. This is something that should bring shame to Indians.
Some of the key findings of the report:
- Around 638 million people do not have access to toilets in India followed by Indonesia (58m), China (50m), Ethiopia (49m), Pakistan (48m), Nigeria (33m) and Sudan (17m).
- 18 percent of urban India still defecates in open while the percentage of rural India is as high as 69 percent.
- It also underlines that open defecation leads to deadly diarrhoea and other intestinal diseases which kills hundreds of thousands of people worldwide every year.
1.TATA TRUSTS (Ratan Tata); Worth: Rs 1,84,204 cr
2. MUKESH AMBANI & family; Worth: Rs 1,57,876 cr
3. ANIL AGARWAL & family; Worth: Rs 95,491 cr
4. AZIM PREMJI & family; Worth: Rs 83,052 cr
5. ANIL AMBANI & family; Worth: Rs 81,014 cr
6. SUNIL MITTAL & family; Worth: Rs 80,339 cr
7. SAVITRI DEVI JINDAL & family; Worth: Rs 67,686 cr
8. GAUTAM ADANI & family; Worth: Rs 61,299 cr
9. K.P. SINGH & family; Worth: Rs 41,232 cr
10. K.M. BIRLA & family; Worth: Rs 40,388 cr
Source: Businessworld Issue Dated 26-07-2010)
The 15th National Census exercise, since 1872, will see over 25 lakh officials capturing the socio-economic-cultural profile of its citizens. It will cost around Rs. 2,209 crore while the expenditure on NPR will be Rs. 3,539.24 crore. The exercise will also consume more than 11 million tonnes of paper.
Buy Viagra Online 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11pt;”>5,767 tehsils,
more than six lakh villages.